Wednesday 14 May 2014

We're luckier!

Check out this poem! You gotta read this carefully as this poem talks about other students being more unfortunate.

University

I am a university student
I am a broke uni student
I am declining my health for this education
Lack of sleep shortens life spans
   And anxiety goes along with no sleep
         I leant in class.
And when are we not anxious?
  Test and exams
     Assignments and projects
        Essays and labs
I learnt how to kill myself a bunch of times too
    All in class too!
Let's jump off a bridge!
  Crash into a head on collision,
     Stay in a burning building
         Drown underwater
           Just a couple examples..
              Physic examples.. Gotta love it!

Let's move on from all that I've learnt and stayed
    and from the mentally scaring memories I wish to erase...
Spending too much money on a piece of paper
   Quarter million anyway? Feels like a million to me.
Not to mentioned the debts from the loans...
And the textbooks, oh the textbooks..
  Killing your back carrying those things
    Burning a hole in your wallet too
       Hundred bucks for a book.
         Sorry uni, don't got money
          Spent it all just trying to live here

Yes. I am a university student.
And yes, this is what I see
No, I am not the proud of it
   ...I wanted to travel, but I got no money...
Yes, I'm probably not gonna live till the age of 50
No, I do not regret it.

A friend who is my personal doctor
   Trying to kill me with his herbs
A friend who will eat cake with me
    Discussing what is wrong with the world as we speak
A friend where we exchange massages
     Just to relax and have some fun
Friends who will play monopoly with me
    It's what we do cause we're awesome
A floor that's family
   Exchanging hugs, there for support

None of us are professions.
This is our life.
Our comfort in misery.

Thanks! http://allpoetry.com/poem/11240935-University-by-queen0kid

No comments:

Post a Comment